Aura Spine Pedicle Implants & Set Aura Spine Pedicle Instruments Instruments Set for Pedicle Screw Aura Spine PLIF & TLIF Cage Instruments Set for PLIF & TLIF Cage Variable Angle Cervical Locking Implant Cervical Locking Plate Instruments & Set
Wound Care & Dressing:
- Post operation, all care should be taken such that chances of infection are minimized.
- Following surgery, care should be taken to keep the wound dry and clean.
- The dressing should be changed at regular intervals as advised by the Doctor.
- Unless allowed by the Doctor, dressings should be done by skilled and trained medical personnel.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Doctor, the shower should be avoided to prevent the wound & dressing getting wet.
- Likewise, the wound shouldn’t be submerged in a pool or bathtub.
- Application of ice helps in reducing swelling and pain, but it should be carried out strictly on advice of treating surgeon.
- Application of ice, if allowed by the Doctor, should be done in a manner so that the wound does not get infected.
- Care must be taken with ice to prevent frostbite.
- Strictly follow weight bearing instructions, which are given at time of discharge. No overstraining of bones at injury site should be done.
- A cane or crutches may be essential to assist walking in case of injury to bone of the leg.
- Elevating the operated limb elevation may help to reduce swelling. However, same should be done in consultation with treating surgeon.
- The anesthetic drugs utilized during your surgery can cause nausea during for the first twenty-four hours.
- If vomiting and nausea become severe or the patient shows symptoms of dehydration (lack of urination) please consult the Doctor.
- A low-grade fever (100.5) isn’t uncommon in the 1st twenty-four hours. However, doctor should be consulted in case of temperature build up or continued temperature hike.
- Please call the doctor with any temperature over 101.0 degrees.
- Self-medication for pain relief MUST be avoided.
- Local anesthetics are prescribed by Doctor for pain relief after surgery.
- During 1st or 2nd day after surgery, swelling may peak.
- Taking pain medicines before bed time will assist in sleeping.
- It’s important not to drink alcoholic drinks or drive while taking medicine.
If you are taking other medicines, you should check with Doctor for its continuance and dosage along with medicines prescribed for the surgery.