A bone plate may be placed so that it may be utilized for one of the following kinds of structu...
Large Fragment Implants, Instruments Manufacturers and Suppliers
The goal of any surgical fracture treatment is to reconstruct the anatomy and restore its function. Internal fixation is distinguished by anatomic reduction, preservation of blood supply, stable fixation and early, functional mobilization. Plate and screw osteosynthesis has been established as clinically advantageous for quite some time. Clinical results have improved by using internal fixation with angular stability (internal fixators) in osteopenic bone and in complicated fractures. Siora is one of the top-rated large fragment implants and instruments manufacturers in India.
The Large Fragment Locking Compression Plate System is part of a Titanium and Stainless-Steel Plate and Screw System that merges locking screw technology with conventional plating techniques. The LCP System has many resemblances to conventional plate fixation methods, but with a few important advancements. Siora SurgicalsLocking screws provide the ability to create a fixed angle construct while utilizing familiar plating techniques. A fixed angle construct provides improved fixation in multi fragment fractures or osteopenic bone where traditional screw purchase is compromised. LCP Plate constructs do not depend on plate-to-bone compression to maintain stability, but function similarly to multiple small multiangled blade plates.
The following points distinguish treatment using technology of Locking Compression Plate:
- Allows fracture treatment using conventional plating with conventional cancellous or cortex bone screws;
- Allows fracture treatment using locked plating with unicortical or biocortical locking screws;
- Permits the combination of locking and conventional screw techniques.
Locking Screw Design
The screw design has been modified, from a standard 4.5 mm cortex screw design, to increase fixation and facilitate the surgical procedure.
New features include:
The conical head enables alignment of the locking screw in the threaded plate hole to provide a fixed angle connection between the plate and the screw.
Large core diameter
The large core diameter improves shear strength and bending of the screw and distributes the load over a larger area in the bone.
The shallow head profile of the locking screws results from the larger core diameter and is acceptable because locking screws don’t depend only on screw purchase in the bone to maintain stability.
Unicortical Screw Fixation
Biocortical screw fixation has long been the traditional method of compressing a plate to the bone where a friction between the bone and the plate maintains stability. Load transfer and screw stability are accomplished at two points along the screw: the near and far cortices.
Unicortical locking screws provide load transfer and stability only at the near cortex due to the threaded connection between the screw and the plate. Load transfer and screw stability are accomplished at two points along the screw: the screw head and the near cortex. Because the screw is locked to the plate, fixation doesn’t depend on the pullout strength of the screw or on maintaining friction between the plate and the bone.
- Anatomic Reduction: – Fracture reduction and fixation to bring back the anatomical relationships.
- Stable Fixation: – Fracture fixation providing relative or absolute stability, as required by the patient, the injury, and the fracture’s personality.
- Early, active mobilization: –Safe and early mobilization and rehabilitation of the injured part and the patient.
- Preservation of blood supply: – Preservation of the blood supply to bone and soft tissues by gentle reduction techniques and careful handling.
RECENT POSTSVIEW ALL
The wrist contains two forearm bones: the ulna and the radius. The most commonly encountered fr...